BEST. WEEK. EVER. !!!!.

Posted: 01 March 2009 by Brian in
0

Ok, so I'm guilty. I didn't update this as often as I thought I would and would've liked.  I told you, I have a life!  Alright, I promise to have at least one weekly recap or update.  This one should be easy knowing that I've had one of the best weeks ever!!!!!!!!!!!  Let's pretend I posted these somewhere closer to the time they actually happened, and in different posts ;)

"YOU ARE ADMIRED FOR YOUR ADVENTUROUS WAYS"
My 'fortune' from Monday's Panda Express lunch.

Monday was just being back on the daily grind.  I did go out with Andrew, Allyson, Andy, and Stephen to Wing Stop for dinner though, where we proceeded to split a 50 wing meal.  Out of their nine flavors, we got the Atomic, the Cajun, the Original Hot, and the Garlic Parmesan.  The Atomic is RIDICULOUSLY HOT.  Like when we ordered, the cashier lady said, "Are you sure?  Have you had our Atomic flavor before?".  Stephen and I looked at each other, laughed, and just said HELL YEAH.  It's stupid how hot it is though.  As you put it close to your lips you can already feel it.  You haven't taken a bite yet but your lips quiver at the thought of what your about to eat.  And then, when you do put it in your mouth, your entire face hurts.  You sweat, feel steam coming out of your ears, and just try and get it over with ASAP! Chew, chew, swallow, get the fuck out of my mouth.  You almost tear from what cruel and unusual punishment you just put your mouth through.  And the worst part is, entire gulps of multiple liquids, fries, and potato salad won't subdue the pain.  We got some fro-yo after though, and that seemed to do the trick. Hahaha!


TUESDAY!!!  Kraig picked me up after class for International Pancake Day so that we could celebrate properly at IHOP with their free triple stack!  We actually ordered other stuff though too.  Given the choice between Blueberry, Butter Pecan, Strawberry, or Original Maple syrup, which do you choose?!  If you did not say Butter Pecan, then GTFOH. IT WAS THAT GOOD. We had to do it twice.  So later that day after I registered for classes, we went a second time, this time with Mel, Mikey, and Cusey.  Kraig and I were outraged when Butter Pecan was not offered right away, but we demanded and complained until it was.  Kraig also got attention from the white people sitting next to us... haha..

Tuesday night was game time, and after a solid nap and some energy drinks, Kraig and I were ready.  The game was close for the most part, with the score pretty tied up.  I got into foul trouble early in the first half and had to sit for the most part.  I can't let it get to me next time, but those fouls did affect my play.  I complained a lot to the refs and was too strong on a couple of my shots.  I was getting hacked on the offensive end with so much worse than how I was fouling them, and yet they were getting the calls!  Anyways, at the beginning of the second half though, I did have this siiick crossover on some guy trying to reach, and I pulled up and hit a shot right past him.  With yet another foul charged to me, I had to sit again, but I checked in with 5:33 left in the game with the score tied at 33, and I remember thinking, "Fourth quarter.  I am not letting this happen."  These were a bunch of fat old guys.  We were all talking about blowing them out!  Well little did I know that we would hold them scoreless in those last five minutes, all while I hit a wide open lay up, Kraig hit an open three, and Chad hit a TOUGH fadeaway over two guys.  Free throws sealed the deal.  Team Ice Water's first victory EVER!!!! 44-33!!!

I honestly don't remember Wednesday, sorry.

Thursday.  Thursday night brought the last intramural game.  Finally... We signed up for thee worst possible night... All the best teams signed up for Thursday night at 7, and all the teams kicked our asses.  This night was especially special, due to the fact that we only had four players, going against another team's five... Oh, did I mention the other team's five included a 6'8" guy and a 6'6" guy? Fun.   That's all we could do. Just have fun.  They were up by 20 early in the game, but to begin the second half we brought the lead all the way down to eight.  We were exhausted after that though... so they proceeded to kill us by ohhh, about 43...  I had a lifetime high night though, scoring somewhere between 17 and 25 points.  I'll never know...they never kept individual stats.  It was good to have... I scored 17 two weeks ago and never came close to that number until that night. It's weird though, it sounds like bullshit whenever the Jordans or the Kobes would say that it doesn't mean anything when they've scored like, 50 points but the team lost.  But it really really doesn't mean anything.  In fact, it feels worse because you've given it the best you could've given, and it's still not enough.  I guess you don't really know what it feels like till you get there... Thursday was also the night I created this blog! Oh joy!

FRIDAY
I went home again, but I took my whole family out to El Camino College to watch Loyola basketball!
The Cubs were in the final four game against La Mirada, and a win in this game would send them to the CIF finals.  I saw some people I used to see everyday.  I saw my Track coaches and learned that Cross Country won both CIF and State for the second year in a row! Back-to-back baby!  The game was pretty AWESOME.  It started off slow but soon picked up to be some beautiful, consistent, efficient basketball.  La Mirada had a nice 6'7" guy who'll be playing at USC next year.  Good for him, because his high school basketball career's over!  My guys are going to the finals this Saturday!  It's interesting being around high school people like that again, though.  I watched my fellow younger Cubs, with their girlfriends, or their cliques.  They don't yet know how big and cruel the world can be.  I remember having the same feeling when I visited St. Dominic while I was in high school.  The world seemed so small back then...

'Stage of Life' Moment 2/28/09
Scene: Driving home from the game.
Dad: That new transformers movie looks cool.
Me: Yeah, I can't wait to see that.  I really want to see the Wolverine movie, too.
Mom: Yeah, that Jack Human is really good!
Me: ...Hugh Jackman? 
hahaha, oh Mama.

SATURDAY!!!!!!!!
AHH MAN. Basketball practice in the morning!  It was fun, but I realized that the Tuesday and Thursday games beat me up. Fat old guys reach for the ball and slap, and so do 6'8" and 6'6" guys.  I'm bruised.  A calf cramp still hurts right now...  But anyways, on to one of thee most fun adventure days I've ever had.  

Gianina's all grown up and responsible now, what happened? 
Evidence to Gianina's grown up-ness:
-Wanting to know exactly what time we'd pick her up so that she could get ready.
-Dressing up! (more on that later...)
-Getting the directions when we told her to.
-Cooking lunch for us at the Korean BBQ place!

So we went on a trip (ahem got lost and bumped in)to the west side/LA.  We went to see the KAWS gallery, but also walked around La Cienega, in and out of the other different art galleries.  Maaaan, I've been wanting to do that for so long...  

Saturday was supposed to be the day I buy my Zoom Kobe IVs!  So we went to the Beverly Center... Only to be disappointed... How is 9.5 the biggest size you have?! :(

'Stage of Life' Moment 2/28/09
Scene: Mike and Brian walking out of the bathroom, and into the bathroom hallway.  An asian girl stands at the end of the hallway fiddling with her phone.
Brian: Oh shit! Is that Gianina?! That's Gianina!
Mike: Yeah... Were you just checking her out?!
Fail. Fuck my penchant for girls who dress so nicely.  Fuck Gianina for dressing up so nicely, too! hahahaha 

Sooo, we went to The Grove afterwards because we wanted to go see Street Fighter (WHY???) because of Kristen Kreuk (BUT STILL, WHY????). That movie was SOOO BAD that it was good.  Almost as bad as Max Payne.  At least this movie had two hot girls... haha. Here are the highlights:

-There are two different girls that play Kristen Kreuk as a kid.  One looks full Chinese, and one looks full white.  Like wtf? SHE'S BOTH!
-Kreuk/Chun-Li has no love interest whatsoever!
-It's a PG-13 movie, but there are three scenes that are ridiculously VIOLENT!
1) Bison uses a girl who betrayed him as his punching bag!
2) Chun-Li knocks a guy over.  The dude's already down.  She grabs his gun, which is still in his hands and shoots him in the chest!
3) When Chun-Li kills Bison, she flips his head a full 180 degrees.  They showed the kill and the aftermath and everything... Whoa violent.  But then they keep flipping the scene back to a shot of his head!
-Chris Klein/Nash's terrible forced acting!!!
-They play a Tiger noise whenever Bison fights!
-Unnecessary sexual tension between the detectives!  For Example:
Maya: So when do we start?
Nash: You don't want a ticket to this dance, Detective.
Maya: You've never even seen me dance.
WTF? right? YEAH. Then, even at the end...
Maya: Whenever you get lonely at night, Detective, don't call me.
WTF DOES THAT MEAN?!
-Two SWAT teams are shooting at each other with rifles.  Yet nobody dies until Chris Klein shoots his handgun.  WTF? hahaha!
-Gen's stupid haircut and the completely unnecessary, "You know what you have to do" that precedes Chun-Li's HADOUKEN!
-Gen comes back from the dead TWICE! WTF
-There are quite a few, 'I hope they don't kiss' moments...haha

Ahh man, that was funny.  Suuuch a great day, and the perfect way to cap the week.  The memory of making a music video to "All My Love" will stay with me forever! haha. Thanks, to Gianina and Mike for making it what it was!

Sunday
I hung out with my parents. Breakfast ended up being a pancake brunch after mass, hehe.  Went to Costco, watched The International, which somewhat suppressed my Street Fighter feelings.. haha. It's interesting... As much as I'd like to think of myself as independent, I spend A LOT of time with my family.  It's not a bad thing, I love them more than anything.  It just gets :\ sometimes, ya know? 

'Stage of Life' Moment 3/1/09
Scene: My sister and I walk to get popcorn and drinks while my parents wait in the theater.
Sister: How am I 14 years old and I've had a boyfriend before you've had a girlfriend?!
Me: -_- 
That's my sister, commenting on my high standards and commitment issues.  Thanks, Amanda!

Quotes of the Day (Week)
"You taught me to stand when no one else is standing (or something like that)."  ~Chun-Li 
The cool quote that was supposed to capture the theme of the movie  was just so repetitive and didn't make sense for it to be said at times.  Epic fail. Haha.

"Sometimes, a man finds his destiny on the road he took to avoid it." ~Louis Salinger (Clive Owen in The International)

"Sometimes, the hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn." ~Salinger (Actually by David Russell)

0 comments: