MAN UP!
Posted: 16 June 2009 by Brian in
0

SEPTEMBER OCTOBER

NOVEMBER DECEMBER
JANUARY FEBRUARY

MARCH APRIL

MAY JUNE
FRESHMAN ADJUSTMENT
What you see above (even if i couldn't line 'em up as much as I would've liked) is a picture from every month of my first year of college. If I may say, I've probably never taken so many pictures on so many different occasions throughout a year. Wow, look at how things have changed... Things have changed, past just my appearance, which i think has actually changed more than I've expected. It's gotta be from those late nights--they age you pretty quickly. Get that beauty sleep! But the facial changes (not to mention, facial hair changes) aside, I've grown up a lot this year. Whether it be independence that brought it about, or it came as a result of what I've learned and adjusted to what has happened, or it's -just the natural progression of life, I can't say for certain; but the one thing I do know is that I've definitely become a better, more mature individual. Brian from last year had close to no care in the world. Though a good guy deep down, he lived life unapologetically, valuing things only as they came. The Brian now lives a more 'don't-take-anything-for-granted' approach. I wouldn't say the old me is dead and gone (ahem, lame reference), but I do know what's more important these days. A lot of things just didn't turn out as expected this year... I wish that I could've fixed a thing here or there, but I guess everything happens for a reason. About the time I realized how different I am, I was using the example of how I see girls, and how I look at relationships these days. Back then, it used to be, "she's ugly, she's ugly, she's ugly too". These days, I actually catch myself saying, "oh, I can see why people like her", or "she's got a great personality". I'm looking at the positives a person has over the negatives. WEIRD. I never would have said that, and I'm still in shock that i catch myself saying it. As far as relationships go, I didn't really care if I was in one or not, but these days, i have much more respect for people in relationships. I respect how two people can work things out and be together, and I just respect how much a person can make another person so happy. Relationships take a lot more than i thought, i'll tell you that much. This isn't even close to the end of my growth, I know that, but in between hating school and screwing up and losing someone I cared about, I found myself. Here's to a great first year in college, and here's to all the 'learning experiences' i've had to go through to make me who I am today.
Quotes of the Day
"There are moments in your life that make you and set the course of who you’re going to be. Sometimes they’re little, subtle moments. Sometimes, they’re big moments you never saw coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It’s what you do afterwards that counts. That’s when you find out who you are."
It was a really good, fitting quote i found on a friend's status... And... i don't know who she is, nor do i remember adding her...
"Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got till it's gone."
'Big Yellow Taxi' ~Counting Crows
c'mon, who doesn't know that song?!

